Husband and I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our family, our precious son, Baby A! We couldn’t be more in love with this little baby burrito:

One day old and already rocking life

Baby A’s Stats:

  • Birth date: February 11, 2016
  • Time: 6:54 am
  • Weight: 8 pounds, 7 ounces
  • Height: 21.5 inches

The further I got from my due date, the more convinced I was that this little guy was never going to come out. At 41 weeks (one week past my due date), we went to the midwife clinic to get a Non-Stress Test done. The little babe passed with flying colors, but showed no signs of wanting to evacuate his current residence.

From the very beginning, I have been very adamant on giving birth as naturally as possible. Unfortunately, the closer we got to week 42 and still no baby, I knew that an induction was a real possibility. At that appointment, Husband and I decided to give Baby A 4 more days before we posted his eviction notice.

Two days later, I felt hopeless that this little guy was never going to come. Husband and I revisited our eviction plan and I resigned myself to the fact that Baby A was going to have to come with the help of modern medicine. Not my ideal plan, but worth it if it meant a healthy baby.

Deciding to keep living life, Husband and I headed to the movies one last time to keep our mind off Baby’s A impending arrival (Side note: go see The Big Short. You won’t regret it). While I rather enjoyed the movie, I wasn’t feeling the best, but chalked any discomfort up to the Cuban sandwich I had for dinner.

Once we got home, I really wasn’t feeling so good and told Husband I needed to go straight to bed. At 11:00 pm, I finally registered that the pain I was experiencing was in fact real labor contractions. Figuring I was in for a long night, I decided to try to get as much rest as possible.

Unfortunately, Baby A had a different idea. Within a couple of hours, my contractions were 3 minutes a part and getting stronger. Husband made the call that it was time to get to the hospital, and boy am I glad that he did.

We got the the hospital around 4:00 am and my labor was progressing pretty quickly. By 6:00 am I knew it was go time and after 54 minutes of pushing, Baby A made his appearance in this world!

He is absolutely perfect and better than I could have ever imagined. Completely worth the wait!